Chapter eight:Memories recollected - Presence in absence

Chapter eight

Memories recollected

Presence in absence

One who never attended classes regularly, …
One who never met us regularly …
One who never gelled with rest of the class…
One who never attended any of our programs/functions..
Yet...
One who could get better grades than regular attendees…
One who could be a part of the talk of the group …
One who could be felt so close….
One who could not get scolded by any of us…
One who could be still be remembered...
One of the days of semester one, a small group came and took a round of IASE. We felt like any senior or a new admission?
Whenever someone came and directly spoke to me ( or asked about the classes and the schedule) As expected... Vishal used to comment that Aamhala Kay mahit nhi ki Kay? Aamhi pan hoto ithe...(something like this )
I remember that I loved sharing my mobile number. I had no problem in sharing anyway.
I came back home say around four and texted all a good message.
No surprise that there was no reply or any activity. I had developed a habit of texting almost 60-80 people every morning. It could be a thought for a day or anything that suits the morning. I also got good texts every day to note down.
This was little odd. The next week (yes, next week. As I said many of the students never attended regularly) I met and directly asked ''Hi... Aren't you getting my texts? Have I saved a wrong number? '' ''Yes I am. I do get messages.'' was the reply.
I wanted to ask the next question but there was one more sentence. '' Is it compulsory to reply? ''
I had nothing left to say. I just said '' Not at all''
The conversation got over and the day too. I kept on thinking that whether it was right or wrong... I shouldn't have asked was the conclusion.
The other day we talked on a few things and could understand the psyche of many of us a little bit.
The next time (The word next time means a gap of a week or a month) we met, was for filling up the exam forms. There was a discussion on the presentations. The so called University oral pattern and the 20 internal marks made us work hard. I feel proud that most of us presented it and not read it out. We were asked to prepare assignments and present it for 5-6 minutes. I must thank Avinash Naik (Vishal Salve... You had introduced him to us), he offered his laptop and we started filing up pages . Vishal and Hitendra were typists and I and Appa dictators. It was fun to have a laptop with you for seven long days. Vishal worked really hard to type most of the projects. I was working on proof reading post-typing. The fun time was late evening. We watched many movies and had fun.
Coming back to where I left, we submitted the files together and helped each other a lot. It was nice to have Ms. Jayshrimam and Ms. Vidyamam as our assessors. They really kept us on our toes. Most of us were doing it for the very first time. Guys, remember we used to ask questions to torture or to take revenge.
Revenge... Pradip Khelge will agree with me here. During one of the presentations, he asked three questions to one of the group member. That's all... That was enough for us to fight back. It was decided.. The group was very much upset and angry too. The next day, we read the topic and prepared well. (His topic and questions to be asked to get revenge)As soon as he finished his speech, fire...attack... blow... More than ten questions were fired and he was gone. He was targeted to make him feel the same. (How stupid and childish was that!) I could see a pleasant smile on everyone’s face and then only stopped the bullets of questions.
I am very much sure that most of us won't be able to remember these small little things ...
Meanwhile... I had got a nice group and buddies to share a lot of things. Vishal shared my humour whereas Hitendra shared my other world. Dhriti and Mithun shared the philosophical world. We used to talk a lot on theories and the spiritual practices we followed. Needless to say, we never had problems accepting each other's ideologies. Vishal had helped me in various things such as, warning me about sending bulk messages to all. He told me some objectionable comments made by some of the classmates. He was unhappy because it was about me. We shared a brotherhood which is alive even today. I accepted his criticism and corrected myself. Vishal... you were almost six years younger yet had dared telling me my flaws. Though, I was a little open about my decisions and behavioral pattern I really had a tough time to understand and implement that. (I have confessed this to you my dear bro...)
That’s all for now.
Pune… you gave me this charming group and buddies.
Have a nice day.

Comments