Chapter five: Memories recollected

Chapter five

Memories recollected

I still remember The day we started preparing for our own Farewell. (it was so pathetic that you plan your own Farewell and ask juniors to plan )
Thr program was finalised. I remember Suraj writing a three page note for Farewell speech.(in Marathi)He had Written a detailed description of two years... As in how we met and who did what?
Farewell was more like a celebration of getting masters degree. However, the pressure of getting a job, employment was a pinch of salt in it.
I don't want to talk about the program.
The most memorable was the short gathering we had after the program.
Jai ho headed to pimple Gurav garden. (we were almost into tears)
We sat in a circle and started sharing...
Each one of us spoke and made the meeting emotional. I recited my poem.
Vishal thanked all... Mithun quoted some author. Dhriti sang a few lines I guess.
The meeting was getting even sensitive.
The next one......the unforgettable dialogue...
''Diwas Kase gele are kalalach nahi.. ''
Means one of us wanted to say that one didn't realise how the days got over. The dialogue was a bullet fired towards Vishal and we all busted into laughter.
The misinterpreted emotional dialogue changed the mood and we lost the tempo of Farewell.
We could not recover from the strike and left the garden with smiles...
Thanks to all students of pragmatics. ... Who came up with meaning not meant by the speaker.
That's all for Farewell...
I have missed a lot from the vault.. Will write later...
Pune... This is what You gave me..

Comments