Chapter nine ELTIS .. My being a VF

Chapter nine

ELTIS .. My being a VF

I had said no to previous job as i wanted to study and be in Sangvi then....
The day after I spoke to Dr. Madhurimam and she asked me whether I was interested in teaching in a language Institute. I had no experience as such so was ready for that. Here comes one of our senior teacher, mentor, friend, well wisher... Mr. Atul Patil. He gave me a call and asked me to send my resume by evening. I had to use one of the cyber cafes and sent him an application and a resume. I got a reply and a call too of confirmation. (Mr. Patil is known for his meticulous work)
Later, I was called by Ms. Priyanka Kulkarni for an interview. I had heard from Pratibha about ELTIS as she had done her pre-basic course(foundation now). She briefed me a little and also guided me how to get there.
I prepared for a week. A small demo was expected so I was little nervous. I took a bus and got down at Range Hills stop. Small walk was tiring. I reached and met Mr. Mane who was making seating arrangements for candidates. I got a seat and took a glance of the people around me. I was like Okay.. Fine... (I found myself the youngest one) I spoke to the next candidate and got to know that she had 13 years of experience. My goodness! I could only say '' It's my second interview only. ''
Meanwhile, I could see different faces, could understand cultures,could hear different languages. Symbi is known for its multicultural world and approach.
The time came...i wacalled on. The venue was G 1. I took a deep breath and knocked the door.
Ms. Sushma Sushma Kapurmam, MS. Vaishali Jundhremam and one more senior teacher ( unable to recall) were the panelists.
I could answer most of the questions. It was all language based. I think that the grammar base and the confidence may be the reason I could crack such interview. I received a call by Priyanka Kulkarni to come and collect the demo lesson plan. I was given past tense to teach. It was a foundation class. I had five days to prepare I guess.
The day... Yes.. Your first lecture as a demo....
I had thought a lot. Had also spoken to a couple of friends who are teachers. I am thankful to EFLU study notes too. The demo was as usual challenging and the fruits of it could be seen as my back was completely wet. I also got a feedback for the same. A few suggestions are good to keep yourself down to earth.
I had got selected as a visiting faculty at ELTIS. I called up my family and narrated the entire story. I was happy because I had left everything behind to do something in Pune as a career. Very few know that I was a hardcore farmer during the period 2003-2008. At least, I could stay back there and study further.
I got a call after a gap of week conveying that I was given a class to begin my teaching career. It was so exciting! I ran to ELTIS and collected details from the concern person. I still remember that Ms. Saudamini Hade (my PM - personal mentor ) was my first co-teacher. Hade madam you are the best. The way you guide..the way you understand new people.. Incredible. Most of us have got you as their Co for the first batch and everyone had the same experience as I had. Hats off...
The first batch and so called excitement, nervousness and a lot of learning
It was indeed a learning experience...
That's all for now.
Pune... This is what you gave me.
Have a nice day.

Comments