Chapter Ten: Memories recollected - College days

Chapter Ten

Memories recollected

College days

Hardship,Struggle yet Toppers

The day ...yes the day......some of the classmates visited our room and we had to clean the room, manage our cupboards and take some extra efforts to make the room look clean.
Hitendra...this one is for you. We introduced each other and started talking. Appa had no interst in the talk. (as he was Sanyasi of the group...) The talk headed to Hitendra and he was overwhelmed by my words for him. He holds deep interst in Yoga and Music. (He is a langauge teacher by mistake!) I showered all my praised on him. I somewhere in the talk mentioned that he is also good at acupuncture. He can heal some of the minor problems by pressing certain points and so on. Sunddenly, there was a demand for a demo. One of them said,''Really? Can I get a small treatment for my headache? I am ready. Do it Bhau.''(Hitendra curses me even today because I had given him a name called Bhau. No wonders ...all studnts (the girls he liked or admired for their talents in music and yoga)called him Bhau. So, he was asked and the next moment he looked at me and made a gesture asking me whether he could do that or not. Yes, Hitendra did it so clearly that it was noticed by both the guests and I was pulled in for the clarification. The question that was asked at least ten times to me,'Why did he ask you? Was he asking for permission? If Yes, then Why? Is something rotten in the state of Denmark?' Vishal and Appa laughed like anything. Hitendra went on calrifying and I cursing him.
It was in between the break time we studied for the semester examination. We appeared for the exam. It was tiring writing 3 hours of papers. Imagine, decoding poems, Othello's tragedy and so on so forth to fit in 3 hours.
Then,the judgement day.... the exam results were out and the result were unexpected. I couldn't believe that those who just listened to us once or twice, revised notes once a while secured B+ in Semester examination. We also had Pravin who secured first class. It was truly unbelievable. I had come to know the caliber and the potential of writing examinations. I could see that most of the classmates were shocked and surprised to see the tally. I got a chocolate for the hard work I did.(Formality shit!) No wondrs I have still kept the wrappers mentioning the name and date.
I must mention this that most of us were independent and earned their own bread by teaching kids, taking up tuitions, working part time in coaching clasess,working as a marketing executive for ICICI bank . Dear friends, that earned you money for education.Something that made me respect you. Admire you. Most of you unfolded the life journey and that was horryfying. I was touched with the miseries and the hardshiop you had gone through. I was just a helping hand who could heal your pain by inch or a point. Had you all visited the college frequently, would have grown the relation deeper and stornger. (I always had this complain if you remember.)
Thank you all for being down to earth throughout.
That's all for now.
Have a nice day.

Comments